Jefferson Hall, ˜2005

012.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Jefferson Hall, ˜2005

Subject

United States Military Academy -- Buildings

Description

Jefferson Hall is the 3rd building built at West Point to be a library. The first was in 1841 and the second, now part of Bartlett Hall, was completed in 1964. Before the 1840s, the library was in a converted house and then in the 1815 Academy, which burned in 1838. Many of the books were rescued from that conflagration by cadets who scaled ladders to reach the second floor.

Creator

Hardy Holzman Pfeiffer Associates, Architects

Source

U.S. Military Academy Library Archives & Special Collections

Publisher

United States Military Academy

Date

ca.2005

Rights

Public Domain (see USMA Library Terms of Use)

Format

.jpg

Type

Photograph

Identifier

USMA_JeffersonHall_2008

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

photo

Citation

Hardy Holzman Pfeiffer Associates, Architects, “Jefferson Hall, ˜2005,” U.S. Military Academy Library Exhibits, accessed September 27, 2022, https://usmalibrary.omeka.net/items/show/196.

Output Formats